Reinventing the Hudson Valley Breadbasket
Morning Program at Migliorelli Farm
72 Rockefeller Ln, Red Hook NY 12571
- 10:00am-12:00 pm
- View Cornell’s Hudson Valley regional winter barley, spelt, wheat, emmer, and einkorn variety trials and demonstration plots.
- Learn about Cornell’s initiative to select regionally-adapted small grains varieties for local and specialty markets with Cornell’s Dr. Mark Sorrells.
- Learn about disease and pest considerations for small grains with Cornell’s Dr. Gary Bergstrom and Ken Wise.
Afternoon Program at the Hudson Valley Farm Hub
2504 US Route 209 Kingston, NY 12401
- · 12:30pm-2:30 pm
- · Catered lunch from 12:30 to 1:30.
- · View Cornell’s Hudson Valley regional spring wheat, and barley variety trials.
- · Learn about post-harvest grain equipment and considerations for beginning and small-scale growers with Dr. Elizabeth Dyck of OGRIN, and Robert Perry of NOFA-NY.
- · Learn about small grains-related research and other initiatives beginning at the Hudson Valley Farm Hub.
Registration Instructions: Please contact Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County (www.cceulster.org) at 845-340-3990 ext. 327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Click HERE for the registration form.
Sponsor/Funders: This field day is supported by Anson Mills, The Local Economies Project, USDA/OREI.