From Recipe to Market
"FROM RECIPE TO MARKET"
Friday, August 17, 8:30am-4:30pm at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, 615 Willow Ave, Ithaca, NY.
A one-day workshop for new food entrepreneurs presented in collaboration with the New York State Food Venture Center. Is your recipe ready to go to market? If your goal is to launch a specialty food business, then this program is for you. This one-day seminar will provide future food entrepreneurs with a grounding in food business basics, and knowledge of the critical issues to consider before starting a food processing business.
• Food Business Basics: Goals, Business Plans
• Marketing: Developing a Strategy, Objectives, Research, and Communication Plan
• Panel Discussion with Local Food Entrepreneurs followed by Questions and Answers
• The NYS Food Venture Center
• Market Trends and Product Development
• Regulatory Agencies and Requirements
• Food Safety, Processing, Packaging and Labeling
• Monika Roth:
Agriculture Program Leader, CCE-Tompkins
• Matt LeRoux: Agriculture Marketing Specialist, CCE-Tompkins
• Dr. Olga Padilla-Zakour: Associate Professor of Food Processing; Director of the New York State Food Venture Center and the Northeast Center for Food Entrepreneurship at Cornell University
• Carole Fisher: Extension Educator - Food Safety and Consumer Education, CCE- Tompkins
The cost is $85, with a sliding scale available. To register by phone with credit card, call CCE-Tompkins at (607) 272-2292; or send payment with registration information to CCE-Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14850.
For more information, contact Carole Fisher at CCE-Tompkins: (607) 272-2292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.