Dairy Certification Coordinator Assistant
- Answer phone calls as needed and direct to the proper person; make a note of phone call/conversation and updates into database.
- Help respond to inquiries regarding the certification process, send out applications, and provide resources and support to farmers as needed.
- Monitor mail and email to ensure requested information is received in a timely manner and is processed appropriately.
- Participate in the annual mailing of applications for renewal, and other producer communication and mails as necessary.
- Assist in data entry, and input or other tasks as requested by Certification Coordinators including archiving of files as appropriate.
- Adapt to duties and priorities between Certification Coordinators to ensure appropriate support is maintained.
- Follow up deadlines including applications, determination letters etc.
- Attend office trainings and meetings internally and externally - Field days, shadow inspection, NOFA-NY annual conference, IOIA inspector training.
- Perform additional duties and work on special projects as requested including providing support to Certification Assistant during peak periods.
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or 1-3 years experience ideally in organic farming and certification.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Good writing and communication skills.
- Good computer skills including a working understanding of data base programs, word processing, and email systems.
- Able to respond decisively, accurately, confidently, and courteously to client inquires.
- Ability to take direction and ensure follow through.
- Show initiative in providing support.
- Knowledge of organic farming or certification, and familiarity with production systems, including vegetable, livestock, and dairy and fruit production is desirable.
- Willing to work occasional irregular hours and travel as needed.
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY) is the oldest and largest organization in New York devoted to organic and sustainable farming and gardening. Our mission: NOFA-NY is an organization of farmers, gardeners, and consumers creating a sustainable regional food system, which is ecologically sound and economically viable. Through demonstration and education, we promote land stewardship, organic food production, and local marketing. NOFA-NY brings consumer and farmer closer together to make high quality food available to all people.
NOFA-NY is seeking an Events Coordinator to manage the logistics required for hosting 2 conferences and multiple smaller events held across New York State. Although the NOFA-NY main office is located in Farmington, NY, this position is open to a remote staff person working in the Syracuse Area. The Events Coordinator reports to the Education Director. Travel will be required for monthly meetings to the Farmington office as well as scheduled meetings with the Education Director.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Oversee, plan, and coordinate the organization’s educational events in collaboration with the Education Director and the Education Team. Specifically, she/he will oversee the annual winter conference (1000+ in attendance), the annual dairy & field crop conference (200 in attendance) and 15-20 organic field day series, and other events, as well as complete follow up of events in a timely and efficient manner. The Events Coordinator works across all internal departments as well as external vendors, stakeholders and members, to assure conferences and events are professionally run and well attended.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Project management and event management experience (2-5 yrs.), teamwork, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities, attention to detail, creates positive relationships and team atmosphere with internal and external stakeholders, proficient at Microsoft Office Suite. Valid Driver’s license, some work outside of normal business hours.
- 2-5 years previous experience in large event planning and logistics, non-profit work helpful
- Familiarity with on-line event registration and data base systems & Proficiency in MS Office required
- Skills: highly organized, very detail oriented, excellent customer service, strong interpersonal and training skills
- Capabilities: high energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
- Conditions: strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of NOFA-NY. Occasional travel required
- Knowledge of farming issues in New York is preferable
- Valid Driver’s License Required
Job Type: 32-35 hrs per week
Salary: Based on prior experience, includes medical benefits, PTO and professional development
Required education: Associates Degree
Click here to view a PDF version of the job description.
There are no open positions at this time.